How do I access e-books?
There are several options:
On the Library website under: Search the Library:
- click on Find e-resources
- read and accept License Terms and Conditions of Use for Electronic
- under Library E-resources, Select E-books
- an alphabetical list of databases that contain e-books will appear
On the Library Catalogue:
- enter the title of the book and select E-books from the drop-down menu. I
- if the book is available as an e-book, the Location will show Electronic books, there will be no Shelf number and the Status will show Online.
- to access the e-book, click on View Full text e-book at (name of database
e.g. Springer, Ebsco etc).
- you need to sign in with your myUnisa login details
- pay attention to publisher permissions (no of pages that can be printed, saved, downloaded)
Encore: On the Library Catalogue in the Encore Quick and Easy Search box:
- enter the title / keyword and author combination / ISBN of the book
- on your left, refine the format by selecting e-books
- check the results to see if it includes your e-book
If you need assistance, contact your nearest branch library for guidance and to attend an online library training session
Was this helpful? 0 0